A four-hour virtual program designed to increase awareness, shift perspectives, and define action steps that will make your culture more inclusive
“Unconscious Bias: Fostering Inclusion” isn’t just a presentation of facts about diversity and inclusion. It’s an experiential learning program that addresses the problem at a deep emotional level and provides a roadmap for transformation. After a discussion of the key issues surrounding diversity and inclusion, participants break up into intimate discussion groups, where they’re challenged to recall times when they were subject to the unconscious bias of others, acknowledge their own unconscious biases (we all have them), and describe the negative consequences of those biases.
Download this pdf for more details
After the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the neuro-science behind unconscious bias and why it’s so pervasive
- Identify multiple types of bias and the most common “moments of bias”
- Explain the concept of “interruption mechanisms” that can mitigate the subjectivity that drives many everyday actions and decisions
- Deploy a series of personal “moves you can make” to make colleagues feel more accepted
- Recommend and support organizational “moves you can make” to create a more inclusive culture
Rapid Learning provides online training and talent development tools for businesses, government agencies, nonprofits and educational institutions in the areas of sales, leadership and management, human resources, and employment law compliance.