Finding relevant and credible information is difficult, according to recent research. And it represents an excellent opportunity to set yourself apart from the competition.
A study of 1,000 middle managers by the global consulting firm Accenture found that:
- Managers spend up to two hours per day searching for information.
- 53% report that the information they found had no value.
- 43% said they accidentally used the wrong information at least once a week.
In a similar study by researchers at Find/SVP, when it comes to searches for online business information:
- 45% encounter broken links that do not work.
- 39% believe that information found online is outdated.
- 21% are not confident that their search results come from credible sources.
The opportunity: Send customers or prospects legitimate, credible industry information, to save them time and build your own reputation as a “go-to” source.
Source: Sam Richter in the e-book “Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling,” To learn more visit: www.samrichter.com
Subscribe to the Sales Blog
Get the latest research on workplace learning with weekly posts delivered to your inbox