Electrical burn leads to fall, death for maintenance worker

by on March 25, 2014 · 0 Comment POSTED IN: Workplace Safety Network
ppe

Wear appropriate electrical PPE whenever you risk working with live wires. As this tragedy shows, a shock at the wrong time can prove fatal.

Paul M. Inc, 52, of Spokane, WA, was performing maintenance atop a ladder inside a Nordstrom’s department store. He received a shock—electric burns were found on his left wrist. However, he likely would have survived the shock, but the burn apparently caused him to lose his balance. He fractured his skull in the fall. Inc had worked with the Spokane Nordstrom’s since 2001.

Take home: Extra hazardous situations involving numerous threats, such as working at heights and near electrical hazards, require a work plan that deals with each individual hazard.

Click to View Comments

Leave a Reply

Close

Request a Free Demo

We'd love to show you how this industry-leading training system can help you develop your team. Please fill out this quick form or give us a call at 877-792-2172 to schedule your one-on-one demo with a Rapid Learning Specialist.