Nothing happens in a sale until the buyer reaches a tipping point. That’s the point when the need moves from “nice to have” to “gotta have,” says sales consultant Anthony Cole.
Here are five questions that can help tip the sale in your direction:
- What is the biggest problem you are having now that caused you to take time out to meet with me?
- In a word, how would you describe your satisfaction with your company’s/department’s results?
- What is the key metric you use to measure your own success?
- How much worse must the problem become before you have to fix it?
- Suppose we/I could fix that problem. What would happen next?
Of course there are more questions. But until the prospect arrives at the “tipping point” or “have to” moment, nothing else will happen.
Subscribe to the Sales Blog
Get the latest research on workplace learning with weekly posts delivered to your inbox